Neon tetra: behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flavia21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone.

I've noticed my neon tetras have been chasing each other... Is this normal?
Also I have 4 of them and it seems 2 of them are bloated or "pregnant" ? Idk they just have a belly for the past 2 days. At 1st I thought it could have been a bit of over feeding but I didn't think so.
What would you guys suggest and can you tell me a little about their behaviors.
Appreciate all the knowledge! ?

I think generally that's what tetras do, I don't know about the pregnant thing though, I've had a couple chubby ones too but never any babies

Hey everyone.

I've noticed my neon tetras have been chasing each other... Is this normal?
Also I have 4 of them and it seems 2 of them are bloated or "pregnant" ? Idk they just have a belly for the past 2 days. At 1st I thought it could have been a bit of over feeding but I didn't think so.
What would you guys suggest and can you tell me a little about their behaviors.
Appreciate all the knowledge! ��

Since Neon Tetras are not live bearing fish, they cannot be pregnant. However females could be carrying eggs, which would give them a more bloated appearance, yes.

I do not believe Neon Tetras will breed in captivity without absolutely ideal conditions, which is very difficult.

Since Neon Tetras are not live bearing fish, they cannot be pregnant. However females could be carrying eggs, which would give them a more bloated appearance, yes.

I do not believe Neon Tetras will breed in captivity without absolutely ideal conditions, which is very difficult.

What are the conditions?

Back
Top Bottom