neon tetra tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orandafan12

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dwarf gourami are fighting so im going to return them. What can i put with neons? Maybe a convict cichlid?

orandafan12 said:
My dwarf gourami are fighting so im going to return them. What can i put with neons? Maybe a convict cichlid?

Definitely not a convict cichlid, that's just going to end up with dead neons in the end.

You could try a GBR. It all depends on how big the tank is and how many neons you have.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Definitely not a convict cichlid, that's just going to end up with dead neons in the end.

You could try a GBR. It all depends on how big the tank is and how many neons you have.

Whar a gbr? 5 neons. 20 gallon

I would go for a kribesnis instead of a GBR (German blue ram) just because kribs are less sensitive to water quality. There are plenty of other options as well.. what kind of fish are you looking for? (schooling, bottom dweller, etc)

Morgie said:
I would go for a kribesnis instead of a GBR (German blue ram) just because kribs are less sensitive to water quality. There are plenty of other options as well.. what kind of fish are you looking for? (schooling, bottom dweller, etc)

Just a center fish.

then I would suggest any dwarf cichlid. You could also just keep one dwarf gourami, they won't be aggressive as long as you don't have two males together in that small of a tank.

Morgie said:
then I would suggest any dwarf cichlid. You could also just keep one dwarf gourami, they won't be aggressive as long as you don't have two males together in that small of a tank.

What are some dwarf cichlids?

Dwarf butterfly cichlid as well. No one ever mentions this one...

i think bolivians are pretty easy to keep and will do well with neon tetras

Back
Top Bottom