Neon tetras with my guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lightningryan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 fancy guppies, 1 male, 2 females. in my 10 gal tank. could I put in some neon tetras? would they get along in the tank with the guppies?
they have the same temperment, water temperature, and are omnivores.

will they work together?

Let me know ASAP

Thanks

You should be ok. Your guppies won't pay any attention to the neons, but keep an eye on the neons in case they start to nip the guppies' fins. Like I said though, I don't think this will happen, but it is always best to have a contingency plan in case disaster strikes. :lol: Neons prefer to be in groups of 6 or more, which should work for you as long as the guppies are the only fish in your tank now- you don't want to overstock. :D HTH

Yes, you are right, but if you look up the tempatures that they can be in, they work together vey well.

Goldfish: 65-75°F
Neons: 72-77°F

were did you get your temperature ranges www.fishbase.org if not I wouldnt trust the information.. I would put the neon's comfort range up around 78 degrees and the goldfish (common goldfish) at about 70-72 degrees.. and this is from experiance..

Goldfish are big polluters by the way and neons are sensitive to poor water quality (the neons die)

You can't keep a goldfish in a 10 gallon anyway. They are poop machines that need room to grow so they can become bigger poop machines.

The addition of a goldfish to your tank(with guppies and neons) would make for a disgraceful display so just nix it, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom