Nerite snail gave me scare!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua315

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was sitting in my living room when I glanced over at my 28g tank and hopped out of my seat when I saw one of my nerite snails on its back and half open. Fearing the worst I grabbed my net and gently poked at it. There seemed to be some strange yellowish substance coming out of the snail. Upon further poking I realized what I complete fool I'd made of myself! The "yellowish substance" fell away revealing itself to be a piece of gravel. The snail immediately closed up. It had been lying on the floor of the tank diligently cleaning a piece of gravel and I interrupted it's lunch! Lol I felt like such an idiot! I'm turning into my mother being such a worrywort about my babies!

Haha I do the same thing! If I think one is picking on the other I tap the glass til they separate. I'm just looking out for my babies!

Ive got a crazy Nerite snail....ends up laying eggs on my BEAUTIFUL:) Orange Rocksnail, spent last friday having to pick of those eggs off the shell.

Back
Top Bottom