Nerite snails -- where?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HooKooDooKu

Aquarium Advice FINatic
From what I've read, nerite snails seem to be miricle snails for a host of situations. The seem to be too big for goldfish and similar snail eaters, they generally can not reproduce in freshwater, so they can't take over the tank, and they don't eat plants.

It seems their only negatives is that they are projected to only live about a year... AND... they are not readily available.

Any specific comments on nerite snails (specifically for goldfish and betta tanks)?

Any good places to order them one line... especailly some of the more colorful ones besides the olive-nerite?

Fun!

I got my Nerite Snail at Inverts Factory Stocklist... Other than that it was terribly difficult to find them! No one has them around me! Anyway, I love the snail! The only thing I have to say against them is you'll sometimes find some sticky eggs on like logs and other decor, other than that their Awesome! BTW: The eggs are dud's.... don't worry. The snail can't reproduce in a FW tank because they are Technically a SW Snail but can Adapt to FW!

Back
Top Bottom