Neurotic Fish Mommie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

SixFootDaisy

See the title? It's getting bad.

I know it takes time for this stuff to happen, and I'm impatient because my fish are my babies. [As well as my ferrets. ]

I posted my levels before, but now I'm trying so hard to get them down, but nothing seems to be working. This is where patience comes in, and I have none.

FishFreek and the crazy Reef guy [ :p ] have been giving me great suggestions, and now that no one is on, I have tons of more questions.

I am doing my water changes and adding Amquel into the water after each one. I know that the ammonia will test positive after I do this, but I checked it today, and the ammonia has risen to about .50-1.0

Now for the Nitrates, Nitrites. Other then water changes, what can I do? I've seen a few products in Petsmart that I could use, but I want experienced answers to my questions. The staff at Petsmart admire my ferrets [I do bring them], and laugh at the results of my water testing. They don't really give good advice either. Except for this one guy, but he isn't there when I'm there. I'll have to catch him one day.

So my question to the community is... What can I do? [HELP!] I don't want to sit around and watch my fish die. It's too sad. [I'm a passionate animal lover, can't you tell?]

Oh yeah, I also forgot one other thing....

How do I lower the pH safely, or will it lower itself when the water gets squared away?

Back
Top Bottom