New 20 long.... acrylic mess!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a twenty gallon long from petsmart and there is glue or something on the middle of the glass... it was use to attach the label to the inside of the tank. The streak is clearly visible. What should I do? Is there a way to get it off, or should I exchange it for another one?

So it is just leftover adhesive from the label? Have you tried vinegar and/or a razor blade? I have never had a streak of adhesive survive that combo. :)

severum mama said:
Have you tried vinegar and/or a razor blade? I have never had a streak of adhesive survive that combo. :)

Thanks, ill try it

severum mama said:
So it is just leftover adhesive from the label? Have you tried vinegar and/or a razor blade? I have never had a streak of adhesive survive that combo. :)

I think... it might by silicone, it feels stretchy

I don't have vinegar or a razor blade to get it off. :(

If it's silicone, vinegar won't get it off anyway. For that you want rubbing alcohol and a razor blade.

Go buy a razor blade. It is really no need for concern. Any time you get a new tank that has a sticker in it, there will be glue residue to scrape off... looks like they just got a little sloppy with the silicone or glue when they made yours.

I'm not sure if its adhesive or silicone... should I get both vinegar and rubbing alcohol? I will also get a razor blade

On my way home from the store with razor blade, vinegar and rubbing alcohol. I hope it works!

Back
Top Bottom