Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New 20g tank stocking ideas

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 20g tank for an extremely good price and I was thinking about different stocking ideas. The plan is the plan will be heavily planted with ecocomplete as its substrate. Also there'll be a CO2 system installed with PPS-Pro as fertilizers.

First of all I wanna put some sort of shrimps in there and the only shrimps that I can find where I live is red cherry shrimps. I'm planning to have at least 12 of them in there. To help speed up the cycle I'm gonna use my spare filter that has been in my established tank for the past month and maybe a little bit of substrate from there as well. Also I'm gonna move my 6 platys from that tank to this one, as I think my big tank is slightly overstocked.

Are the shrimps gonna be safe with the platys? Also I'm planning to put about 6 Neon or Cardinal Tetras in there. But I don't know what else to put. Any ideas? Preferably ones that won't eat the shrimps.

Thanks

Old 06-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ember tetras would be nice. You could also have some sparkling gouramis. Platies wouldn't eat adult shrimp but they might eat the young ones.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideas, stock, stocking, stocking ideas, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com