New 20g tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yudhas

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys,

I recently bought a 20g tank for an extremely good price and I was thinking about different stocking ideas. The plan is the plan will be heavily planted with ecocomplete as its substrate. Also there'll be a CO2 system installed with PPS-Pro as fertilizers.

First of all I wanna put some sort of shrimps in there and the only shrimps that I can find where I live is red cherry shrimps. I'm planning to have at least 12 of them in there. To help speed up the cycle I'm gonna use my spare filter that has been in my established tank for the past month and maybe a little bit of substrate from there as well. Also I'm gonna move my 6 platys from that tank to this one, as I think my big tank is slightly overstocked.

Are the shrimps gonna be safe with the platys? Also I'm planning to put about 6 Neon or Cardinal Tetras in there. But I don't know what else to put. Any ideas? Preferably ones that won't eat the shrimps.

Thanks

Ember tetras would be nice. You could also have some sparkling gouramis. Platies wouldn't eat adult shrimp but they might eat the young ones.

Back
Top Bottom