New 20gal long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howgeneric

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm setting up a new 20gallon long tank, was hoping to get some pointers if there were any problems with my planning!

Fish: (1) male betta; (5+) neon tetra; (3) albino cory catfish; (5+) shrimp; (1) otocinclus
Any ideas on additional fish?

Substrate: Ecocomplete gravel. Maybe with a small section of the tank covered with sand.

Lighting: Finnex 30in Ray2

Filter: Tetra whisper 30 (for 10-30gal), hopefully this is adequate though I've thought about getting a aquaclear 50.

Heater: Fluval 100W glass heater (supposedly good for up to 30gal)

Am I good so far?

You may be able to get another small shoal of 6 zebra danios or the like but the other more experienced aquarists might give you better insight.
Your stock sounds very similar to what I am planning!

Aqadvisor is a great website you can plug in the fish you were planning to get and it will give you a percent stocking for your size tank.

I did check aqadvisor (great site!) and I think I had some extra capacity for more fish. I guess where I'm having trouble is suggestions on different species of fish to add as I don't know all that's out there.

As much as I love my betta I think it's one of the harder fish to get along with others :( (though he's been pretty mild so far!)

Back
Top Bottom