Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ZBT3091
New 265 Gallon Tank

I dont exactly know which forum i should have put this into...but...o well

I just purchased a 265 gallon tank (84x24x30). In my 30 gallon tank--My upgradee, i have an Oscar, a Polypterus, 2 Blood Parrots, 2 Severums, and Two Red Bellied Pacu. I know the size the tankbuster will achieve, which is why i have bought this new 265 gallon tank. I would like to know what other fish i can put in this tank. I am going to keep this tank in the long run so I would like to know what other fish i can put in for GOOD. I was thinking maybe (this is going to be a long list so please tell me: which, how many and what others i can put in)

Arowana, Siamese Tiger Fish, Wolf fish, Motoro Stingray(s), Clown/Ghost Knifefish, Jack Dempsey, Fire/peacock eel, Giant Pufferfish, Tropical Gar, Striped Snakehead, Spotted Gar, Zebra Shovelnose, Florida Gar, Freshwater Barracuda. Now, before you right all of those life-impending death threats about how i am overstocking my tank, I am WELL aware that i cannot keep ALL of these fish. This is just a simple list of fish that i would like...not ALL of them! Please tell me which are compatible with the tank, which will fit, and which would be safe for my tank all-around. I would also like to turn the 30 gallon tank into an Angelfish, Ram Cichlid, or Discus breeding tank. Please tell me everything I am doing wrong!!! Thanks!

--Zach T.--

Old 03-21-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ZBT3091
Hey again, good news! Instead of just getting the 265 gallon tank i am also getting a 150, to make my stocking options ALOT easier. The fish i have are: 2 Red Bellied Pacu, 1 Oscar, 1 Polyp. senegalus, 2 Blood Parrots, and 2 Albino Festivums. The fish i want are (here comes that long list):

Arowana, Siamese Tiger Fish, Wolf fish, Motoro Stingray(s), Clown/Ghost Knifefish, Jack Dempsey, Fire/peacock eel, Giant Pufferfish, Shortnose/Florida Gar, Striped Snakehead, Spotted Gar, Zebra Shovelnose, Florida Gar, Freshwater Barracuda.

I know that i can have all of these fish but i was thinking which fish would do best and in what tank... I was thinking maybe

30 gallon tank-- Albino Festivums-- maybe a few German Rams to keep them company

150 gallon tank-- 2 Red Bellied Pacu(for a little while), 2 Blood Parrots, Oscar, Polypterus senegalus

265 gallon tank-- 2-3 Hystrix/Orbiginyi rays, 2 Spotted Gars, Silver Arowana (which i can see is not compatible), 1 Clown Knife, Datnoid Pulchers, and maybe a few leopard banded leoprindus/ geophagus surinamensis.... and maybe 1 Zebra Shovelnose??? Would that work??? Which fish should i put into what??? Tell me what i am doing wrong!

Old 03-22-2005, 01:08 AM   #3
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
The festivums need a bigger tank than a 30 I think.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am not sure on most compatibility things, but I am fairly sure wolf fish and snakeheads are species only fish due to their extreme agression.
RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

you need to do some research the fish you alread have will max the 265 and 150 out oscars reach 13+in, Severums 9+ in, pacu's 22in+, Blood Parrots up to 8in,Polypterus 10in+.The 265 will be overcrowed with the pacu's alone. a oscar and 2 Severums and 2 blood parrots will max the 150 out. Some wise info if you want more fish get rid of the 2 pacus and get some smaller fish that grow to 1-6in.Youll be alot happier. and a min for the oscar is 55gal.Please just research before you add anything.and it will same you money in the long run .

Tags
2.5 gallon, 5 gallon, 65 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com