New 31 gallon aquarium questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishywishy333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, I have just joined the community! I am a member of the Aquatic Community forum but it has had some technical issues so I came here to ask some questions! :D

So I am going to get an 120 litre aquarium (about 31 gallon, its the Interpet fish box one) and I'm really excited! I've only got a 60 litre at the moment so this is quite a step up! I know how to cycle it and everything, but my first question is this a good stocking for the 120 litre, below:

8 neon tetras
8 glow light tetras
6 corydoras catfish - what type would you recommend? :fish1:
7 male guppies - I love guppies :rolleyes:
1 cherry shrimp - don't want them to breed

Would these be ok and what order should I put them in? I wanted some Rummy nose tetras instead of glow light but a website said they were moderete care level, don't want that. I will probably have other questions on this thread so be prepared! :lol::rolleyes:

Please help if you can and thanks in advance! :thanks::thanks:

Firstly, congrats on the new tank, and goodluck, secondly the fish you chose will be fine, but with the corys are you having sand or gravel? But i think the order u should put them in is
-glolight (dont kniw much bout these) after bout 4wks
-Cory's Afterbout 5wks
-Neons Afterbout 6wks, cause neons are very sensitive and should only be put in after your tank is partially established
-And shrimp, just so the tAnk has time to establish and grow a bit of algae

Good luck
Tay

Firstly, congrats on the new tank, and goodluck, secondly the fish you chose will be fine, but with the corys are you having sand or gravel? But i think the order u should put them in is
-glolight (dont kniw much bout these) after bout 4wks
-Cory's Afterbout 5wks
-Neons Afterbout 6wks, cause neons are very sensitive and should only be put in after your tank is partially established
-And shrimp, just so the tAnk has time to establish and grow a bit of algae

Good luck
Tay

I am getting sand. :) will playsand be okay? I know you have to wash it really well. I live in the UK and I'm probably going to use the Tesco playsand. Has anyone had any experience with this? :fish2::fish1:

Again please help if possible and thanks in advance :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Woops, and guppies whenver probbally b4 the neons

Thanks for all the help Tay! I'm probably going put some guppies in first, I think they are really hardy, and some after the glowlight tetras. :):):):thanks::thanks::thanks::fish2::fish1:

Pandas are cute but sometimes a little more sensitive. IME I can't keep pandas alive. ;( Albinos are the most active, followed by Sterbaii, my Skunk are shy, my peppered keep to themselves. My Eques are the biggest, and Black and Red Venezuela are the rarest I have. Oh and I have 3lined striped that keep to themselves. All have different personalities. Which will come out and develop over time.

You will not be disappointed with Sterbaii. They have little orange fins which are cute. They stay small, for your tank, id put 10. They have very small poop load so no issues there.....
Watch for a white "patch" on their head. I think it is bacterial. ? I have not lost any because of it, but you do have to treat it. Lots of WC and put a little Voogle or bio bandage on it. They will be fine. It is very common with Sterbaii from what I've seen. All fish have issues!!! LOL

Thanks, I will probably go for Sterba's then as they are also a bit smaller. :):thanks:

Actually I have Sterbai and Pandas. Sterbais are larger. You could do either one for your tank though, maybe 7 or 8. Be careful with the guppies though; if you get mixed genders they'll likely breed and you'll soon be overrun with babies.

Congrats on your new aquarium! I actually have three Pandas myself, here is a picture of one. :)

Attachments

• image-4156822271.jpg
    image-4156822271.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 49
Actually I have Sterbai and Pandas. Sterbais are larger. You could do either one for your tank though, maybe 7 or 8. Be careful with the guppies though; if you get mixed genders they'll likely breed and you'll soon be overrun with babies.

Thanks, I was planning just to buy males as I thought about that. :):thanks:

Does anyone use Tetraplant Complete Substrate? Is it good? I might buy it for my plants in this aquarium, or is there any fertilisers that are better???

Once again, please help if you can and thanks in advance :)

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom