New 40 gallon breeder aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been in the aquarium hobby for 6 years and this is my first time having this size tank. I had a question about filtration. I was planning on buying a a Fluval u4 but I was thinking about something else. Would it be better if I bought 2 fluval u3 s and had one on ether side of the tank so both sides get filtered or does it not matter. I am putting my RES turtle in there and I know from experience that he makes a lot of waste. In his old 20 gallon long tank I used to have to clean the tank 2 times a week because of how much poop he made. It did not help that I had a pleco in there to but I think the turtle made the most waste. Btw I can't use a canister or and H.O.B filter because his tank has a screen lid.

Hi, I'd go with two filters assuming they give more volume and you can clean them in tandem. One other thought would be to put a box cut in the lid for a HOB or canister filter.

I have a 50 gallon with a penguin bioweel 350 and reptology life science 175 for up to 50 gallons the 350 is ok but is old and I may get a new one so it works at full capacity but my tank gets clear ish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395787565.929599.jpg

Back
Top Bottom