new 66 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bama77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a hex 66 gal tank..I am wanting to put a tiger oscar and a pleco in it..This tank should be sufficient for those fish shouldn't it?

30 inches tall..and each panel is 14 inches wide and there are 6 of them..It is a 66 gal tank from what a calculator website told me.

As far as water column goes it should be good.. I'm not sure about swim space, it seems as though it will offer plenty of space at around 24-28" wide... I'd do it..

yeah if you measure straight across from one panel to the other side it is 30 inches across at those points.

Yah man, I think that will be a nice place for an oscar, nice big rick pile in the middle..

Ok man..Thanks for the help..I have always wanted an oscar..I just need to figure out what plants would work best..I want a live planted aquarium..I planted some banana plants in my 10 gal and love those.

No prob! Me too!! I'm still tryin to find that $50 75 gal on craigslist.. I don't know about plants though, oscars are notorious for redecorating tanks whether you like it or not...

lol so I have heard..My fiance found this aquarium with stand, canister filter and a lot of accessories for $150 at a yard sale...I haven't seen a hex shaped aquarium like this one in a long time..I have it cycling now..i used water from a water change in my 10 gal tank to get it started..I just need to get a new air pump..The one that came with it won't push air once the stone gets past halfway down in the tank.

lol so I have heard..My fiance found this aquarium with stand, canister filter and a lot of accessories for $150 at a yard sale...I haven't seen a hex shaped aquarium like this one in a long time..I have it cycling now..i used water from a water change in my 10 gal tank to get it started..I just need to get a new air pump..The one that came with it won't push air once the stone gets past halfway down in the tank.
what do you have for filtration? You're going to need extremely good filtration..it's a sweet tank!!!

It is a Rena XP3 canister filter..I have filter material and put some carbon pellets in it..It works great.

Instead of carbon..I believe it is charcoal lol..

It will be ok for a couple months but you will need to add additional filtration to accommodate the bio load of an oscar and Pleco, another aquaclear 110 would be a nice compliment to your Rena..

Back
Top Bottom