new 6ft tank thread and build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just went and picked up a new 6ft tank its 18inches tall and 12 inches wide im planning on making it a community tank with 2 1600liter/h HOB filters its got 4ft t8 lights on it but might change them out eventually ill upload pics soon

Maybe ill see how i go first up its going to be a semi long build as the tank is at my girlffriends house it pretty much needs to be self sufficent for a week at a time

Done a teat fill last night the tank is good i worked out how much water it holds its a 78 gallon tank

Yea that was the main idea i gotta buy a new globe for the light so far the whole think has cost me $40

I want a peace full community tank ill be taking all the mollys amd black skirts out of my tank that i got now what would be some other fish i could add i got 12 kuhli loaches as well

I really like the spot, by the computer, in the living room, the tanks gonna get seen alot.

I want a peace full community tank ill be taking all the mollys amd black skirts out of my tank that i got now what would be some other fish i could add i got 12 kuhli loaches as well

Well I got a 72g bow and yours is a 68g so pretty much same here is my current stock list in my tank

8 Long Fin Platys
6 Neon Tetras
4 Albino Corys
6 Zebra Danios
6 Rummy Nose Tetras
6 Kuli Loaches
4 Otto Catfish
3 Amano Shrimp
2 Bristlenose Placos
Pair Long Fin German Blue Rams
Pair regular German Blue Rams
Pair Golden Rams

Sounds like a good stock list the dimentions of my tank are 72inches x 14 wide and 18 high it is about 295 liters and about 78 us gallons

Sounds like a good stock list the dimentions of my tank are 72inches x 14 wide and 18 high it is about 295 liters and about 78 us gallons

Oh ok good first page you said 12 wide 14 is even better I also have lots of plants my levels everyweek are 0 ammonia 0 nitrates and 0 nitrite can't complain I like all the fish schooling I looks very nice I just wish I see kuhlis more often I see only 1 or 2 during feeding

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130816_114601.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130816_114601.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
  • ForumRunner_20130816_115252.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130816_115252.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
Yea they are really shy i see 3 of mine but the rest all hide but it makes the tank more interesting cos you try find them

Well its the first ever big tank iv owned and didnt put styrafoam under it and it cracked after 36 hours im going to get it fixed tho

Back
Top Bottom