New 75g stocking plans.....thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,
Hubs bought me a new 75 gallon tank today (new to me anyway), on the condition that I sell the 55, since the bigger one needs to go in its place. I have decided to make this a rainbow tank (mostly).

After some future re-arranging of fish, etc, here is what my final stock for this 75 will be:

X 2 golden dojo loaches (already have)
X 6 boesmani rainbows (already have 4)
X 4 red irian rainbows
X 1 blood parrot

I am also considering adding my school of 6 glass cats to the tank as well.

What are everyones thoughts on this stocking list? I plan to get this tank up and running by next weekend with my existing cycled filters. I plan to do a lightly planted tank, using tahitian moon sand and eco-complete, planting some swords, bacopa, java fern and anubias. Nothing too fancy.

Oh, also, I want to paint the background black rather than use the kind on a roll.
What paint should I buy to do this? Spray or brush on.....any tips would be awesome.

Thanks for the heads up on the plants. They will be pretty low-key, and I wouldn't be too surprised if my dojos dont dig em' up too.............

Help......no more 75 gallon

So my new 75g is a bust.....literally. We cleaned it this afternoon and filled it up in the backyard, and it leaks :-( and the glass is very scratched up. It was fairly dirty when he bought it, but all cleaned up, it really wasnt worth trying to resilicone it because of all the scratches.
On a good note, the guy he bought it from did give us back our money.
So.........I guess I am sticking with the 55 for now till I can save up enough to buy a 90 gallon (preferably new). Since I hadmy heart set on this new "rainbow tank" I am still going to go ahead with the rescape as planned.
Lightly planted, low tech, black substrate and background.
Stock:
X2 golden dojo loaches or X1 albino bn pleco
X6 boesmani rainbows
X4 red irian rainbows
X1 blood parrot

Does this sound like it will be overstock for a 55? I have gotten so much conflicting info on how many rainbows I can/cant add........please help

That sounds fine to me. Just keep up on water changes and filtration, and you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom