new addition. ..MTS[great] n an apple snail[disappointing]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bra_van_drakh

Aquarium Advice Activist
just got them[11 tiny MalaysianTrumpetSnails and 1 apple snail as big as ur thumb] this evening, put them all in my 20gal tank with 10cardinals and 19 puny RedCherryShrimps...was doing fine until mu apple snail snatched my plant .T _ T. ones that i love so much. ..got a bit mad, and moved it to my silver dollar tank, since they dont have water plants. ..

do apple snails eat live plants, since what i heard is that they'll clean algaes ??? how about MTSes ??? will they also disturb my plants ???

Go to applesnail.net & learn to ID the different apple snails. P. bridgesii will not eat plants even when starving, while others will happily chow down everything in sight.

MTS won't eat your plants but fine stem plants can be disturbed if you have enough in the substrate. After a trimming, the next day I'll find 1 or 2 stems of Rotala that were most likely dislodged by the hoard of MTS hiding in my tank.

I have a bridgesii that doesn't eat plants ever, but he eats algae wafers I give him. He's about as big as my palm now.

Some algae wafers have quite a bit of protein in them and so will appeal to many species that are not solely vegetarians. I know I haven't found a critter yet that won't eat my Hikari algae wafers!

owwhh...now i see why that person sold it in a very cheap price, hwa444^^. ..people rarely buy any snails here, even MTSes. .. now i dont know where to find a bridgesii\

thX fr the web^^. .. i think mine's a canaliculata .T _ T.

Back
Top Bottom