New algae identification please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FJ_M3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank has been up and running for a couple months. Seems I have a new algae growing in my tank. It looks like polyester and tan in color. It seems only to be growing on my manzanita branches. When I first introduced the branches it grew a white mold looking algae but I researched and found that it would clear up in 2-3 weeks which it did. Now some time later I have this and it seems to be growing rapidly. Anyone know what it is and/or can tell me how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 82
Hair algae?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I thought the same but the tan color and texture is kinda throwing me off. I hair hair algae in a previous tank and it seems to grow everywhere. Even in my filtration. This looks a bit different. Unless there are different types maybe?

I had it in a 5 gal tank that had diy CO2, and i guess too bright of light, which threw off its fert balance... so I took the easy way out, and got a dimmer bulb, and it went away as fast as it showed up

I had it in a 5 gal tank that had diy CO2, and i guess too bright of light, which threw off its fert balance... so I took the easy way out, and got a dimmer bulb, and it went away as fast as it showed up

Hmmm ok thank you for the advice(y)

I had something similar. Long flowing golden brown strands. Went on vacation for 8 days. Lights are on a timer but accidentally left it in the ON position before I left.
I pulled as much as I could off and resumed the normal lighting schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom