Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New angel fish, any tips?

I went to my lfs today to pick up a angel fish, they had a tank with a "mating pair" in for £25, and all the others were the same price for one, so either the lady made a mistake, or i was lucky. Anyway, anything i need to know at all, or any tips, literally anything is useful. Also, if they do mate again, what should i do as i have only the one community tank, and also, how do you tell the gender? Thanks!

Old 10-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

What type of angels did you get? £25 actually sounds like quite a lot to me, unless they were already quite mature and a large size. I got 2 Koi angels, and 2 silver angels, my lfs charges £7.50 each for them. I don't really have any advice, but enjoy, I love my angels.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

theres a thread called wigglers at last in the breeding forum. you will learn all u need to know there about breeding angels and requirements. feel free to ask anything . post a pic of your angels if u can i would love to see them
Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah they are fully mature, english bred and have mated before, i am unsure weather this lowers or highers the chance of them doing it again. Theo other angel fish were about 30 quid a pop, anyway thanks for the reference to the thread and i love mine too

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com