New Apple Snails! [ *PICS* ]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David14259

Aquarium Advice Freak
They look nice!!! I'd love to have Blue and Purple Apples myself, but I can't find any locally... :(

However, I bought 5 bunches of plants, and on one plant was asmall snail that looks similar in shape to an apple snail (as in, it doesn't look like the rest of my snails!!!), so let's hope it is... :D

The snails are very colorful. I also like the Riccia setup in this pic:

newapple1.jpg

my apple snails mainly come out at night.
I hardly ever see them.

Is this the same with your snails?

Lance M. said:
Very nice. Too bad apple snails are illegal here in SC now.
They are only illegal to ship across state lines without a permit. If you find them within your state, or the shipper has a permit to send them to you, you are fine to keep these guys.

plecoperson said:
Lance M. said:
Very nice. Too bad apple snails are illegal here in SC now.
They are only illegal to ship across state lines without a permit. If you find them within your state, or the shipper has a permit to send them to you, you are fine to keep these guys.

You can keep what you have but you can't buy/sell them. DNR came to my lfs about a week ago to make sure they wheren't selling them. They checked the livestock and shipping invoices.

I plopped my new snail into my snailtank, so fingers crossed id grows up to be a beauty like your snails.... :D

Back
Top Bottom