New Aquarium + Tiger Barb Aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woo-hoo! Almost there. Ammonia .25; Nitrites .50; Nitrates 5ppm and pH 7.4! So excited :D

Oh and my tigers must've just been in a mood that day. All have survived and doing well!

That's great! Just keep on top of your water changes and you'll be thru your cycle in no time.

I would like to say my tank is fully cycled now after 5 weeks but can't seem to get ammonia to zero. Ammonia .25, Nitrites 0, Nitrates 0 and pH 7.4. Is there a reason it's staying above zero after everything else has spiked and fallen? I've always thought ammonia would bottom out before everything else. No new fish have been added, I've been feeding every other day for the last week, pwc's, everything. Also, water is just a tad cloudy. Nothing major but can see a slight, hazy white cloudiness.

Have you tested to see if you tap water has any ammonia in it? A low ph can cause that but your ph is fine. Too high a bio-load can cause it along with overfeeding, dead fish, and many other reasons.

Have you tested to see if you tap water has any ammonia in it? A low ph can cause that but your ph is fine. Too high a bio-load can cause it along with overfeeding, dead fish, and many other reasons.
No ammonia detected in the tap water. Stock should be right at about max. 6 tiger barbs and 1 small (not common) pleco. Could be over feeding I guess, that's why I've been feeding every other day for the last week. I'll keep working at it.

Back
Top Bottom