New: Are these fish compatible to be put in the same tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amitnarain

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are these fish compatible to be put in the same tank?
- Blood Parrot Ciklids
- Comet goldfish
- Angel Fish
- black ghosts

&

Can all of them be put with hornworts?

thanks,
aMiT

How big is your tank?

The goldfish shouldn't be kept with any of them because they have different needs from the rest

Yeah, the goldfish definately won't fit in. And I was always told a cichlid would most likely destroy any other fish (other than another cichlid) put in a tank with it. But that very well may be just bad lps advice.

jrp1588 said:
And I was always told a cichlid would most likely destroy any other fish (other than another cichlid) put in a tank with it. But that very well may be just bad lps advice.

It depends on the cichlid....I would be hesitant to put a parrot with an angel (both cichlids, by the by, although the parrot is a hybrid) as in most cases, the angel would come out badly.

yeah, i agree with toirtis: the angel would come out very bad ... not only with the hybrid parrotfish ... but also the black ghost would have a few things to do as well.

And then a parrotfish and black ghost, well, that can be trouble as well

well lets say that i already have the blood parrot (2) and comet goldfish (also 2).

can i put them together? btw they are all approx. same size.

Size isn't the issue......it's coldwater fish vs tropical fish.

You asked for advice and it was given. Obviously you can do whatever you want. So if you want to throw a coldwater fish and a tropical fish in the same tank you will. But, if your desire is to have a successful tank which houses thriving fish then you won't.

One of two things will happen, (a) the parrot fish will die because it is in cold water or (2) the comets die because they are in tropical water.

its up to you

adding to SerLunchbox's options -
3) the parrots will think - 'aha, a new strain of foolish blood parrots! ugly and slow too! lets kill them and preserve the purity of our noble hybrid race!! chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge.....'

just kidding amit :mrgreen: . please don't try to put them together. they might live, but not for long.

If you do decide to put the angel in there with the other fish, watch to see if they are biting at the the angels fins, as some fish do this. Also, how big is your angel going to be compared to the other fish? Be careful not to put in any fish that could potentially fit into the angel's mouth.

Back
Top Bottom