New book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brimac41

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have looked for a section for books and didn't see one (I may have just overlooked it), so if this is the improper spot to post this then I apologize . I was in my local book store browsing in their pet and nature section looking for the "Dog Bible" when a book on Freshwater Aquariums caught my eye . It's called "Questions and Answers on Freshwater Aquarium Fishes" by Dr. Ashley Ward , so I picked myself up a copy . Has anyone read this and if so what are your thoughts . I have only flipped through it and it seems it has nothing to do with setting up aquariums , but more into behavior , breeding cycles , natural habitats etc;etc; . If it turns out to be inaccurate then all I am out is $1.99 , that's all it cost me , so if anything it was worth the $2 (after taxes) for the pictures alone .

You mean a book section in this site? Try the "articles" section up in the menu bar ... that's where you will find info on various topics.

Another good source is the KRIB FAQ:
Beginner FAQ: Contents
That is a good read for starting up a tank.

I'm not needing info on starting up a tank , I know how to do that . I only mentioned that book does not go into setting up aquariums as part of a very brief description . I have all ready been reading the articles , but that is not what I am looking for . I am just curious if anyone has read the above mentioned book and how accurate the information in it was if they did so , so I know where to place it on my reading list . Some of the info in it I already know , but some of it seems interesting and if it is inaccurate then I would like to know so I know how serious to take it , or take what I read with a grain of salt .

Ah, you are looking for a book review section!

Sorry, none on this site .... but if there is interest, we can always form a new forum.

That is not a book I've read, so I can't comment.

Back
Top Bottom