New Centerpiece ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
So as I was saying, I'm gonna be overhauling my 180 gallon tank and I was thinking of doing a group of Geophagus' as the focal point, but ppl at the LFS advised to not do that as when they are together, they tend to fight/nip.

So back to the drawing board, what would be a good centerpiece that I could do, something colorful that doesn't get too big but can also add other fish with.

(Preferably non aggressive fish, at most, semi aggressive)

Sorry I wasn't specific, like nothing that gets over 1.5-2 ft lol i have amazon fish now that i wanna get rid of before its too late if ya know what I mean

paytertot said:
Lol well most people say no, but I'm constantly telling people they should get discus :p

I like them but they're really expensive and aren't they a lil tough to care for?? Lol

Kissing gourami? I know nothing about them other then that they get to be a foot big and I believe they are peaceful.

DanS180 said:
I like them but they're really expensive and aren't they a lil tough to care for?? Lol

Most people say that but in my experience I don't see why. I don't do anything special for mine unless you count weekly water changes but its overstocked so I have to. And I have really hard water which they aren't supposed to like but mine are all huge and colorful and active and I've had them a while. They were like some of the first fish I had lol.

paytertot said:
Most people say that but in my experience I don't see why. I don't do anything special for mine unless you count weekly water changes but its overstocked so I have to. And I have really hard water which they aren't supposed to like but mine are all huge and colorful and active and I've had them a while. They were like some of the first fish I had lol.

Hmm maybe ill look into that, still very expensive but we'll see, they are very pretty fish :)

DanS180 said:
Hmm maybe ill look into that, still very expensive but we'll see, they are very pretty fish :)

Haha yea the price varies. Idk how much they are in your area but here I've bought them for anywhere from 20-50 dollars.

paytertot said:
Haha yea the price varies. Idk how much they are in your area but here I've bought them for anywhere from 20-50 dollars.

I wish! Lol in south jersey at my LFS they range from like $40-80 I believe

paytertot said:
Oh wow that sucks. Actually I think I did pay 60 once for one maybe

Yeah lol and i have a 180 gallon tank, so how many would I be able to put in there lol

Well imo I would have 30 gallons for one discus, and 10ish for every one after that. So you could do up to 15 probably.

paytertot said:
Well imo I would have 30 gallons for one discus, and 10ish for every one after that. So you could do up to 15 probably.

15?? Wow that's a lot of moneyyyyy Hahaha, the tank would look awesome tho I have to admit :)

Back
Top Bottom