New Cherry barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to looking after fish btw! So i got a 25gl tank and i currently have 3 cherry barbs as i was struggling with my ammonia levels. I decided to get 3 more about a week or so after the first. Throughout the night and the day after, the new 3 have died 1 by 1. I've now noticed that one of the 3 thats left in the tank is chasing the others. What should i do? What have i done wrong? I need help

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your water parameters? Adding more fish when you already have water quality issues is a really bad idea.

Barbs will chase each other. Its what they do. If you have a good size group it should spread this out so 1 fish isnt being the target all the time.

I'm new to looking after fish btw! So i got a 25gl tank and i currently have 3 cherry barbs as i was struggling with my ammonia levels. I decided to get 3 more about a week or so after the first. Throughout the night and the day after, the new 3 have died 1 by 1. I've now noticed that one of the 3 thats left in the tank is chasing the others. What should i do? What have i done wrong? I need help

Are you familiar with the cycling process? It sounds like you have not completed this process and adding fish during this cycling process is why the new 3 died.
You might want to read through this article and links within it to get a better handle on what's happening and what you need to do. https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom