Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-30-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

New cherry barbs all died

I went to the fish store on Saturday and bought 3 new cherry barbs. By Sunday night , all three of them had died. I’m just confused on how in less than 24 hours all 3 of my brand new fish had died. They all seemed perfectly healthy when I bought them. Hoping for answers.

I also had 2 cherry barbs in the tank already. Is it possible that they had something to do with the new ones dying?

I also have a pearl gourami. I know that these are peaceful fish, but could the pearl gourami have had something to do with this?

Old 12-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How big is the tank? Is the tank cycled? Did you acclimate them before putting them in?

Old 12-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Most likely the water parameters were very different - pH, temperature, or something else. Pearl Gourami not likely to have anything to do with it.

Tags
barb, barbs, cherry, cherry barb, cherry barbs, die, died

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com