New clown loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got my clown loach a buddy today. He's been alone now for about a year, he was so happy to see another of his own species. They've been swimming around the tank together like they are good old friends. I like to see him finally happy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At petsmart they were around $8.00. 8O At the little shop near my house they have small ones for $6.00 and larger ones for around $9.00.

I love Clowns! But they are also expensive(like 18.00 around here) and get ick really easy. I have not had luck with Clowns and Ick. I may try again but I don't know.

My clown loach got ick once, he barely pulled through. But luckily he made a full recovery. I was wondering if anyone knew how long clown loaches lived. I read online they grow very slowly and usually only get to 6" in captivity. Can't find how long they live though.

I can say they get longer than that. When my dad was in college someone brought one into the biology lab he worked in that was about 15 inches.

Well, how long would it take them to get that big? I sure can't house something that big right now. Maybe after college.

I dunno, when the guy took it into them it was already that big. I have trouble finding life expectancies on just about -all- fish.

I just googled it, I got answers ranging from 6 years to 40 years....how helpful. lol. Well it looks like i'll have these boys when I get out of college.

Back
Top Bottom