New Decor Input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can get pool filter sand at a pool/spa store. 30lbs for like $15.

That should be plenty for the the 55gal.

So 30 lbs is pleanty? Good to know. I'm not 100% if I'm going with gravel and sand. I like how sand looks better then gravel but I have never dealt with sand before so not sure how hard it is to keep clean.

It is easier!!

We have converted all but one tank to sand. The vacuum doesn't suck it up with the normal attachment but it moves it around.

I think less stuff gets under it and a lot of the bottom feeders prefer it. It's easier on them!

And it looks more natural, IMO.

And if you have live plants, they also like it.

It is easier!!

We have converted all but one tank to sand. The vacuum doesn't suck it up with the normal attachment but it moves it around.

I think less stuff gets under it and a lot of the bottom feeders prefer it. It's easier on them!

And it looks more natural, IMO.

And if you have live plants, they also like it.

I do not have any live plants. I was just concerned with the cleaning. I use a gravel vac now and don't want it to suck up alot of sand. I also think sand looks better then gravel.

Here it is with new sand, rocks, few more plants, and another piece of drift wood. I like the way it turned out.

May add more plants..??!??

What do you guys think?

image-3002871185.jpg

Have only had the sand for a day so far but i absolutely love the way it looks!!!

Did my first water change with the sand and it wasn't to bad. Switching to sand was a great decision. Thanks for all the advice

Looks great. If you really want to make the colors pop cover the back of the tank with black posterboard.

I plan on switch the back to black. I may just use a garbage bag. Will that work ok?

Back
Top Bottom