New decor! yay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if done right the bioload will have grown with the amount of fish. you just need to be wary of oxygen consumption and have something to clean the bottom. becuase fish poop creates less ammonia than uneaten fish food

i don't care how its done you can't keep 28 fish in a 10 gallon tank!!! That just abusive to the animals... there is no way they can thrive in an environment like that.

hey puriti you said that the tank has been like this for a couple of months?
i mean stocked with that many fish and you have had no problems. do let me know how long your fish live and when a year goes by please let everyone know so i could rub it in some people on this forums face. good luck

Puriti, first off, the castle and plants look great.
Secondly....well, you already know that your very overstocked!

The deceptive thing about aquarium stocking is that problems don't always occur immediately, or even gradually. It's kinda like an obese middle-aged man who sucks down greasy burgers every day for lunch. All is fine for perhaps many years, and then...WHAMMO...one day his heart siezes up like a Chevy Vega's engine !

Please try to reduce the tank's load ASAP. It would be a terrible shame for you to suffer a devestating crash that may claim most of your fish.

Even if you GIVE them to someone else, or offer to ship them somewhere for the cost of shipping.

Or give them to petsmart.

Or just "get rid of" some of them.

Purity, I commend you on being upfront about your tank. I know you realize it's overstocked, this is something you've talked about before. And, I know you have been trying to find homes for some of your baby fish. But, keep trying. You really do need to upgrade or remove some fish. The fact that the fish are still thriving and doing great says alot about your upkeep of the tank. But, like QTOFFER said, I think you are heading for trouble down the road, that's just reality. That said, the new decorations look great. Good job!

@__@ I know I know! I'm trying to save up my money to go buy one once I get my stupid license >_< (Which I'm going for next wednesday) and then my friend said if she finds one she's gonna buy it for me. I do wanna get a bigger tank and I know about the fish problem and I'm trying to work on getting rid of the baby mollies as quick as I can and trying to get new space for my other fish. I haven't bought anymore fish in quite a while, and if one dies, I don't replace it. I have 2 bubble rocks in there to be sure they get enough oxygen and they don't go to the surface to get air at all. My gouramis do not fight >.> my bettas don't fight but I'm gonna put them in a different thingy I have. T__T I didn't mean for it to get that bad but when I first started out I didn't realize the problems I'd have @___@ I have some assorted little tank things around I can try to put things in but until then I have nowhere to put them all >_<

*just remembers this* *edit* My friend bethany got me the tank and I at first thought it was 20 gallons not 10 until I found out a few months ago when I was looking at tanks that it was only 10. That was part of my problem >_<

do let me know how long your fish live and when a year goes by please let everyone know so i could rub it in some people on this forums face. good luck
Why? Because they care about the fishes' well being? Oh, how mean!:roll:

even if you could get another 10 gallon tank... a 10 gallon set up is only like $30 at walmart.. then you could put half the fish in there and DON't buy anymore... LOL

I haven't bought anymore in a few months cuz i knew i had a problem BEFORE i had the babies...then I just made the big mistake in keeping the whole freakin brood >_< Infact I just separated all my fishies a couple hours ago @_____@

Here's my 10 gallon after rearranging stuff into different things just for temporary until I get a new tank. I'll try the walmart 10 gallon thingy X3 if my mom'll let me!! *eyes her and glares* but there's now only 11 (after miscounting twice...) fish in my 10 gal not counting the babies but there's only like 5 babies in there

img_470848_0_2621ef536b72e19bb6e7242d62e87590.jpg

img_470848_1_4ea90f9cc9379d56c445ed1161d1200d.jpg

img_470848_2_9f9e2fd6a0259ab7b281c0eb5a4c7db6.jpg

img_470848_3_a408ef14aa6ec47875244ab35c6e022d.jpg

Yeah....but I forgot i don't have all the hungry pigs in there and put too much food in @____@

i wont yell at you for overstocking (i do the same myself) but the 3-spotted gourami is going to get HUUGE...lol

Nice job Puriti. Where did you put your other fish? Maybe you could talk your mom into one of the Walmart 29g tank setups. :wink:

I used mini tanks I had and put some of my babies in there.... I put my bettas in a vase glass that i bought for them, put some male mollies I found with my other males and found that my plastic drawer that I used for when I was cleaning was 4 gallons and put some in there ^^;

Back
Top Bottom