new direction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remy the cook

Aquarium Advice Activist
atm i have 3 harlequins, 2 threadfin rianbows,2 bleeding hearts, and 2 blood fins. I would like to try a new direction for fish but not sure what to get I look at tb's but was told only could have 7 total.

29 gallon, cycled,moderately planted atm

i'm not sure what way to go sence i'm still new to the hobby and don't know all the possibilities. I will admit I do love a full tank but more then that I love a tank with a lot of personality to it like active fish and what

Which of your current fish, if any, will you be keeping?

What fish are you interested in? A good place to browse fish is LiveAquaria.com.

We are not mind readers. Everyone is into different things. Give some examples of fish you like and it will be easier for folks to make recommendations.

sorry I'm just trying to collect my thoughts to give as much details as I can, I do like cherry barbs, how ever I am looking for something that takes a bit of work to keep, and loves to swim, enjoys planted tanks, and does not mind a sand substrate, color is not a big issue to me but with schooling fish is it true the bigger the school the more active the fish are? all my fish only seem to go nuts when I its feeding time, semi- agressive to aggresive fish would be a good starting point unless there are some nice community ones that are just a blast to watch

Yes, schooling fish do better in a proper sized school. They will feel safer and become more active as a result. If you keep any of your current stock you will need to bring them up to a proper sized school (at least five). Odd numbers look more "natural" and try to keep a mix of at least two females for every male when you can.

Personally, I dig Danios, all kinds. Given a proper sized school and adequate space to frolic they can be an over-active psychotic bunch.

if I keep all the schools I have atm it would be in the end 5 bleeding hearts, 5 threadfins, 5 harlequins, and 5 blood fins idk how much that is pushing my limits

It would be yes. If you are looking for a change then you need to decide which ones you are going to re-home.

Back
Top Bottom