New Dwarf Gouramies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to the pet store today and picked up some new fishies :mrgreen: I got 2 dwarf puffers for my 10 gal and a snail (as suggested for the puffers) and i also got a powder blue dwarf gourami and just another male dwarf gourami to put in my 20 gal with my bichir.

I was suprised to see how well the gouramies and my bichir got along. In fact the normal gourami kicked out the bichir from his little rock cave without a fight. The bichir went straight up to both gouramies and checked them out and went off on his way. I think he made friends with the blue one cuz they just sorta swim around together no bitting or anything.

well...i was worried about my gourami but i just checked on him and he is just fine now. Its all good but i took some pictures to share with all of you :D

My baby bichir and the powder blue gourami in the rock cave
My baby bichir
My other gourami making buddy wiht his reflection
and the beautiful bichir himself

Thanks for reading + looking :) ,
Julia

well i can't get the urls to work but u should know how to copy and paste :wink:
also forgive my dirty tank there are some water stains on the outside

That picture with the gourami and the birchir in the cave is so cute!!! Some gouramis can be shy at first and it may take him some time to start coming out in the open. Is he eating ok?

Yah at first i was really worried about my red one cuz he just didnt move at all, but this morning he was all normal. Him and the blue one were swiming around together. They also enjoyed eatting their flakes and then stealing all my bichir's blood worms. They are all good :D

when i had 2 males they used to swim together all the time... until i bought females.. just don't buy females and you'll be ok! LOL .

of course gouramis are just like other fish, there is the things everyone knows will and wont work, but then again, at times they do work. it really depends on the fish in question, not the species of fish. you may have luck keeping a few of them together, but then again you may not. i have kept gouramis together that by all common wisdom i shouldnt have, but luck had it that they got along great. and they can be fun to watch if they decide to chase each other around the tank.

I have a question, aren't bichirs supposed to be in tanks bigger thank 20 gallons, or is yours just a baby, cause that is why I have mine in a 55 gallon tank. I also think you have helped me answer a long time question that I keep posting on this forum, for a colorful tankmate that will not hurt my bichir and that my bichir is not hurt. Thanks you gave me a couple of ideas.

Oh yeah, I am not able to see your pictures for some reason. I would really love to see them, thanks.

Yes they should be in a much larger tank, but i think she said in a previous reply to this topic that she planned to either place it in a larger tank she would buy, or give it to a teacher i thank that had a larger tank.

Are you including the ".jpg" extension? I accidentally left it off one of the links, and it didn't work until I realized what my mistake was.

thanks for the replies.

Yeah unkown the dwarf gouramies wont get to big but arent so small my bichir will eat them. They are also really pretty and colourful. There was a all red and orange one i was thinking about getting. I just can't stop buying fish! :p

Back
Top Bottom