New Filter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I found the problem with the mold! After stripping everything down 2 weeks ago, sterilising, bleaching and then re-cycling... the mold is back!! I have an aquael filter that came with the tank, but it no longer works as well as it used to, so I'm looking for a good filter that will keep my water clean. Any suggestions?

As your in the uk, same as me, aqua clear filters are shipped from us as I can't find a supplier here, but shipping costs more than the unit itself! I settled for the eheim 2042 hang on the back filter as its the fastest litres per hour rating I could find, only does up to 70gallon/200litre however, but it's the strongest I could find over here. They are extremely efficient filters and very very good. Almost as good as the aquaclear range.

I thought I hadn't seen any aquaclear's over here lol

I was looking at the Eheims filter's just now. The tank I want to use it for is a 12 gallon. Will the filter you suggested be too powerful for a tank of that size??

Thanks for the help :)

Fluval or eheim and you won't go far wrong! Both are well respected brands.

Thank you :)

Another quick question! I bought 4 Crypts wendtii 2 weeks ago, and their growing very well, but their quite leggy. I put a few in my betta tank with 7.2wpg and their more green and growing closer to the gravel. I thought these were low light plants, that could pass as 'carpet plants' any idea why their leggy under 1.2wpg

Scouser said:
I'm in the uk too and my local stores stock AC filters lol...

Really? Honestly I spent hours trawling the bet trying to find an ac 70 from a uk supplier. I could only find them from us suppliers. What's your LFS called, and I will look them up and see if they deliver?!? :D

Welsh said:
I thought I hadn't seen any aquaclear's over here lol

I was looking at the Eheims filter's just now. The tank I want to use it for is a 12 gallon. Will the filter you suggested be too powerful for a tank of that size??

Thanks for the help :)

Yeah the one I brought is the very largest they do. For a 12 gallon you could get the small to medium sized. I don't know their specs however but both will do a great job.

I have used under water filters alot and I think they are fine. The bigger the sponge inside the better, but I use internal ones for my turtle tank and they are more than adequate. The current con-census is that hobs or canisters are better because the media is always inside the tank and some claim they are 'nitrate factories' but I've only had good experiences and if it does the job then it's good for me.

Back
Top Bottom