New filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went and bought a aqua clear 50 hob filter

Has anyone used these be4 and are they any good it wa the only filter my lfs had

They are nice. Most people here don't use the carbon and just rinse the media in old tank water. Me personally I have four two 110 & two 70. I have a 50 don't like it to much I think it's for small tank maybe 15 gl and under.

They are nice. Most people here don't use the carbon and just rinse the media in old tank water. Me personally I have four two 110 & two 70. I have a 50 don't like it to much I think it's for small tank maybe 15 gl and under.

I have the 50 in my 30 gallon only one that was rlly in my price range. So what's the reason for not using the carbon and what about the other one

They say carbon looses its efficiency of absorbing impurities from the wter. The sponge and the rings just rinse them out when you do a water change. This helps you save money and not buy media every month.

They say carbon looses its efficiency of absorbing impurities from the wter. The sponge and the rings just rinse them out when you do a water change. This helps you save money and not buy media every month.

Ok we'll I got the carbon in right now may take It out should I add anothe sponge in replace of it and I do plan on just rinseing them lol

Back
Top Bottom