New filter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExoticAquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys, I'm so excited to get this. A brand new API super clean filter. It seems mostly based on mechanical filtration but it's still good. It's loaded with features like a cartridge change timer, a double intake, ceramic ring holder, water input/output adjust valve, and it came with a bit of stress zyme and stress coat +. Here's a picture and later today there will be a picture of if put together. Later this week expect pictures of it set up and running in the tank. It's rated for a 5-20 gallon tank and it should kick some over filtration into my 45 gallon filter. If I set up my old 10 gallon filter on the 29 tall, than I'll have enough filtration to keep a slightly unstable 75 gallon tank, I'm excited.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424392935.919686.jpg

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Hah, a cartridge change timer. The single worst feature that could ever be added into a filter.

You'll have to let us know how it runs. I've never owned an api filter before.

Hah, a cartridge change timer. The single worst feature that could ever be added into a filter.

You'll have to let us know how it runs. I've never owned an api filter before.

They have good flow and are quiet. Other than that I'm not impressed with mine. The biozorb cartridges are expensive and you cant really customize them. I only bought it because it was on sale / clearance for $8.99 I have the 30.

Isn't changing the cartridge only necessary when the white part is falling apart ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The companies that sell the cartridges would prefer that you change them frequently so that they make a profit. Alison

And to kill our fish :(

And to kill our fish :(

Na Changing the filter pad on a filter that has bio media is fine. The bio media don't get changed and houses the BB the pads collect all the junk. On this filter they tend to clog quickly and its very hard to un clog them.

Yeah, I don't realise why that timer is good. I think I'll remove it. I don't really care about mechanical and chemical filtration so I don't change pads often. When I do, I squeeze it onto a new pad, then rinse it (in tank water of course) tear it apart and save the stuff inside.

Aquariums make for a betta world. Wanna discus it?

Back
Top Bottom