new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
im looking to get some fish for my 15g its really understocked i have 4 neon tetra and a fire dg but many of you may know he got injured in the past hour and my not make it i plan on gettin two more tetra but what else also pleaseake sure petsmart has them ( thete the only lfs in area mine actually cares for its fish

More tetras is a good idea. Harlequin rasboras play well with others and are usually found at chain stores. They'll add some nice orange to your tank. If you don't mind having fish shipped, I ship all over the country and offer more rare stuff.

severum mama said:
More tetras is a good idea. Harlequin rasboras play well with others and are usually found at chain stores. They'll add some nice orange to your tank. If you don't mind having fish shipped, I ship all over the country and offer more rare stuff.

if i had a large order or large tank or redy for expensive fish i wouldnt but 30 bucks shipping for a few fish dosnt seem worth it to me but mts.is biting me so when i aquire a new tank il start ordering online could chiclids be keept with neon tetra or do the need special stuff my petsmmart has wonderful convict chiclids

Oh, we offer Express shipping but most of what we do is Priority. We can almost always ship for $15 or less. I do understand your reservations though. :)

@XXVooDooXX, at this time we only sell FW, although we are SW hobbyists as well. Someday when we have a big retail space we will do both. :)

Convicts cannot be kept with neons. There are cichlids that can be kept with neons, though. Look into some of the South American dwarfs such as Bolivian rams, Blue rams, or Apistogramma. Bolivians can sometimes be found in chain stores.

@severum thats nice il lookk into it for time being it's siimply not worth it with such a small tank my next will hopefuly be a 20 long or just a 20 when i save for him il deff do business with you

@ serevum all mine has are convicts mabye a bolivia or a ram but my memory is less than perfect too many nocks on the head serveing from memory they have Molly's red tail sharks ( ik tank to small but they look amazing ) hatchet fish silver dollars tiger barbs bleeding hearts and more would any of the mentiioned do well in my tank

You can put 3 otos in a 15, they are small (under 2") and they have a small bioload. They are cute, dwarf suckermouth catfishes that are good at cleaning and like to school.

Hatchets would be nice, just make sure you have a covered tank! They are crazy jumpers. LOL. Mollies get too large for a 15 IMO, although a couple platies would work if you like those. Guppies would work too.

3 otos will likely starve in a 15 IMO.

if my dg dies (really hope not) could a ghost shriimp colony be a fesiable idea? could i do angle fish site says 29+ gallons but what do you think

Ghost shrimp, yes; angelfish, I'm afraid not. I've owned several fully grown adult angels and there is no way I would recommend anything smaller than 29.

aww so sad they truely are beautiful if my dg makkes it im gona get 2-3 more neon and mabye a hatchet or two if he dies iim goiin to get 2-3 neon and 15+ ghost shrimp would they need shriimp food or is flake ok

Hatchets are schoolers like your neons. If you just want 1 or 2, it would really be better to just go with the ghost shrimp. Ghost shrimp will eat pretty much anything. They like flake, pellet, wafers, etc.

ok so many fish school my lord if my dg lives i cant do shrimp he likes to eat em lol il go with 2-5 more tetra if my dg pulls through

Back
Top Bottom