new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aring

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10g tank with 1 young silver veil angel and 1 young placo...I want to add a couple more fish this weekend...I need hearty fish but ones my angel can be with...any suggestions?

I am sorry to say this but you cannot add anymore fish, actually you need to upgrade your tank or rehome the two you have. A ten gallon tank isn't suitable for very many types of fish but there are a couple options but you seriously need to make a decision about the ones you already have.

as said, an angel and the pleco (i hope its not a common pleco) will get to big for that tank and you are going to need at least a 29 gallon for the angel and pleco (unless its a common then youd need at least a 90 gallon i think)

True stories. The angel will for sure get too big for the 10 g unfortunately. If the pleco is a dwarf version then the 10g could possibly be suitable for it but if its a common pleco, it grows to a length longer than your tank. I picked up a 29g with filter and hood for $80 which is a good deal, and I know petco randomly has $1 per gallon tank sales which are steals. There's not a whole lot you can do to avoid getting a bigger tank with the fish you have. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Pics of the pleco would help to identify it

Back
Top Bottom