New fish has popeye, any treatment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Homedog98 said:
Not personally (yet), but I've helped quite a few others who's fish had it, and their fish all recovered within a week. They used both maracyn, and aquarium salt. (I guess you can pull off the salt now, since you've got a QT)

You better knock on wood!!

Good luck with your fish Eco.

Roger that... Homedog is awesome. I would have never thought of that.

Bettababe1011 said:
You better knock on wood!!

Good luck with your fish Eco.

Trust me... I've been knocking on wood all day... Been walking the ENTIRE beach trying to find that PERFECT centerpiece piece of driftwood... Still haven't found it yet. :rolleyes:

Homedog98 said:
Trust me... I've been knocking on wood all day... Been walking the ENTIRE beach trying to find that PERFECT centerpiece piece of driftwood... Still haven't found it yet. :rolleyes:

Lol. No, that's not enough, lmao, no still not enough, rofl. Okay. Maybe a bit too much.

Deckape said:

Aww shucks! Your making me blush! Eco's done a great job too! He helped me a lot with my ten gallon, I'm just returning the favor. :)

Bettababe1011 said:
Lol. No, that's not enough, lmao, no still not enough, rofl. Okay. Maybe a bit too much.

Well... I'll be doin it again tomorrow... So I'll be set... (knock on wood ;))

Deckape said:

Homedog is awesome. You've helped me on a ton of my problems homedog, and I hope I've helped you.

Homedog98 said:
Well... I'll be doin it again tomorrow... So I'll be set... (knock on wood ;))

Lol. I knock on wood all the time because of my luck. It's a wonder my fish are surviving. Knock on wood ;)

Bettababe1011 said:
Yay. Speaking of, how's Elvis?

Great! (hey... Before we get busted for being off topic... Again lmao, let's take this over to the OT thread...)

Homedog98 said:
Great! (hey... Before we get busted for being off topic... Again lmao, let's take this over to the OT thread...)

Okay.

Yeah, fish. That's my classic on topic word. There.

I had a tiger barb with what appeared to be popeye. I had a forum topic under unhealthy fish and posted a picture: 'Red Monocle'. The picture doesn't show the huge fluid sac that developed, but you get the idea. I used minimal aquarium salt, I have two corys and they did perfectly fine. The popeye was gone within 6-7 days and the barb never even noticed it was hurt. It appeared to be more of an injury, either way if your parameters are good it should heal up quickly. Scared me at first, but again, my experience isn't like every other experience. Hope all goes well in your tank.

-M

eco23 said:
I'm gonna snap and post a picture. It's sad, but I just made the cutest little QT ever :)

Lol, awesome! We all love pictures! (man... That was probably the fastest tank setup EVER!!! Kudos to your speed!)

While these pics are uploading... I found some old fungus cure meds I had...old, but don't expire till 2012. One of the things it cures is "eye cloud". I'm thinking I'll just add salt and wait. Don't want to use the meds unless he's not getting better. Everybody concur?

eco23 said:
While these pics are uploading... I found some old fungus cure meds I had...old, but don't expire till 2012. One of the things it cures is "eye cloud". I'm thinking I'll just add salt and wait. Don't want to use the meds unless he's not getting better. Everybody concur?

Si!!! (practicing my espanol! Lol)

Back
Top Bottom