New fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaymarq

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an empty 20 long lying around, looking for ideas for what to put in there... I already have a tetra community tank ie neons, glow light, long skirt, and red minor tetras so looking for something different... Any ideas?

Betta sorority, smaller oddballs, dwarf cichlids, dwarf puffers...

Heavily planted shrimp tank with a big school of CPDs and pygmy cories.

Dwarf crayfish and live bearers, or a breeding pair of dwarf cichlids with dwarf rainbows or cherry barbs for dithers :)

A Dirted, heavily planted tank with a nice soft sand cap, some driftwood, a shoal of 6 panda cory cats, and a large school of endlers livebearers.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393540415.913152.jpg
I love my endlers and panda corys- and I've always wanted to do a Dirted tank:)
Don't know if you've ever heard of this guy, but he has written a book on Dirted tanks and has an awesome YouTube channel where he talks about his tanks all the time.
Dustin's Fishtanks - Aquarium Plants for sale - Planted tank made EASY
http://m.youtube.com/user/Dustinsfishtanks

Praecox, celebes, threafin, or furcata rainbows. Apistos, rams, or kribs. Throw in a farlowella or some other cool sucker-type fish like the pitbull pleco or starlight bristlenose.
Panda garra or porthole catfish. Leopard danio or longfin albinos.

I'm thinking maybe a barb community tank... I like tiger barbs, do a 3-6 tigers and a few other species of barbs with double filtration... Just an idea

I personally really like cherry barbs. A few other species to check out are ruby barbs, checkered barbs, and snakeskin barbs.

Tiger Barbs need at least a 30 - 50 gallon because they are so active A 20 gallon would not be an appropriate fit for that species.

Tiger Barbs need at least a 30 - 50 gallon because they are so active A 20 gallon would not be an appropriate fit for that species.

A 20g long is the same length as a a 29g tank is. 29g is often the minimum tank size suggested for tiger barbs, but I personally wouldn't have an issue with a well filtered 20g long as their home. I do agree that a 20g high would be pushing it due to tb adult size and rambunctiousness.

Back
Top Bottom