Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
KRL
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Question New fish suggestions?

Hi everyone!

I have a ~70L (20g) freshwater tank, heavily planted. Stocked with red cherry shrimp, kuhli loaches, pygmy cories, and male guppies. The guppies dont seem to be doing well in the tank. Everyone else seems happy enough, but the guppies only seem to live a few weeks to months. I'm thinking I might not get anymore guppies (as much as I love them), but keep the rest of the stock. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what a good tank mate for the rest of the stock would be? Preferably something that is a bit more free-swimming like the guppies, as the loaches and cories are quite shy (unless food is involved)

Open to any suggestions!

Thanks

K

P.S. currently considering dwarf rasbora or harlequin rasbora. Thoughts on either?

Old 09-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Yes on the dwarf rasboras and harlequin rasboras. Other candidates include Ember Tetras and Celestial Pearl Danios.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #3
KRL
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks! I'll have to have a think.

Tags
fish, fish suggestions, new fish, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com