Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2005, 11:40 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

New gold nugget: "The Cutie"

Calling on all you gold nugget lovers out there!!!!!

I 'm starting another thread about my new gold nugget baryancistrus, alias "the cutie". I just want to make sure I do all I can so he adapts and lives happily in my tank.

I got it two days ago and he is still alive, which is good. He spends the day behind the bubble curtain. I saw him stuck on the glass last night. I tried feeding some of those yummy frozen bloodworms when the lights were off. They were all gone today, but I don't know who eat them.

I have a piece of drift wood soaking just for him. It will hopefully be ready to go in in a week or two. Water parameters are all good.

Is there anything else I can do for him/her?

Thank you!

Old 05-14-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Big C - Though I don't keep GN's, I also love them as we all do. That being said, since your discussing feeding, here are some tasties you should give:

Zucchini (summer squash) - They will go absolutely nuts over this. The good thing is...you can give it at anytime. He will find it in short order.

Algae disks/wafers (Spriulina) - This is a night time food...supplements their algae diet.

Carrots (blanched) - I found out via feeding carrots to my Apple snail that pleco's may just enjoy knawing on it for nutrients.

Old 05-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

There is an article on feeding veggies in the Articles section that you will find useful.
Pics??

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool, I'm glad you didn't give up on GNs! I never see mine on my driftwood, but I guess maybe he just rasps on it when I'm not around. I haven't been feeding mine veggies yet, but I got a cucumber today just for my fishies so I'll be putting a slice in there for him tonight. I have been able to catch him munching on the algae wafers I put in there for him though, at least I know he is eating. Good luck with the cutie and post pics soon!
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you guys! I'll take a few pix as soon as I can see him. He spends most of the time in hidding!

Tags
gold

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com