New here! Seeking startup advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BFazio1030

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! New to this forum! Just getting started building a freshwater setup. I am purchasing the Aqueon 36 Gallon Deluxe Bow Front Aquarium Kit from Petsmart. I have a question about Lighting. Iv'e read the basics so far. Is there a way to get a replacement hood for this tank in which I will be able to run a blue Actinic bulb along with the a regular White bulb for Day/Night viewing and switch between both? Advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks and looking Forward to getting to know all of you!

:fish2:

Yes, I just bought one for my 10 gallon, and it looks good, if you just search duel light hoods on Google you should come up with 1000 results to choose from

I think what you are talking about is moon lights. A quick search on amazon found these:

R2 Extreme LED Aquarium Moonlight
http://amzn.com/B001683YZI

And you wouldn't need a dual bulb setup.

I could be wrong, but to me it sounded as though he wants a dual light white/blue hood for night and day use not an LED, again I could definitely be wrong though haha

Hello everyone! New to this forum! Just getting started building a freshwater setup. I am purchasing the Aqueon 36 Gallon Deluxe Bow Front Aquarium Kit from Petsmart. I have a question about Lighting. Iv'e read the basics so far. Is there a way to get a replacement hood for this tank in which I will be able to run a blue Actinic bulb along with the a regular White bulb for Day/Night viewing and switch between both? Advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks and looking Forward to getting to know all of you!

:fish2:

If you arenopen to leds then check current usa freshwater led plus. I have he exact same tank as you and the light makes it bright and the moonligyts are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom