New-ish aquarist looking for some expert advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RhinoWiz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. My name is Joe and I have been maintaining a tank for 3-4 years. It started at 10 gallons but quickly grew to forty. I am singing up now because my fish are getting a bit older and some of them are beginning to look a bit weathered. They have a few different little spats they get into (a couple like to chase each other around, a smaller one likes to pop out of places and scare some of the bigger ones, ect.) but I'm not sure where the line is or if any of that behavior is ok. I definitely don't feel like there is any bullying/attacking that is as bad as I've heard to look out for, but then again, I'm the amateur.

So, basically I'm looking for advice/conversation to find out if there is anything I should be doing to increase the quality of life in my tank. If I need to repost this in a more appropriate forum then please, send me on my way. Thank you for accepting me into your community. I look forward to meeting everyone c:

Hey Joe! Welcome to AA! Glad you found us.
Hopefully your questions can be answered in a few posts. Otherwise, a new post in FW & Brackish - General Discussion or Getting Started might be more appropriate.
According to your profile, the fish in question are:
Kissing gourami
3 Spot gourami
Common pleco
Angelfish
Bala Shark
The first, third, and fifth ones listed will require tanks much larger than the 40 g they are in. I have not kept/owned those specific fish so I cannot attest to their aggression and compatability. Entering parameters into a site called AqAdvisor will give you ideas on filtration and tank capacity and provide warnings/red flags based on the species.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

Moving this to general discussion FW For more answers and more people to look at.

You could try warming up the tank a few degrees, sometimes that helps with aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom