New panda cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big C

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys,

I just got three small panda cory cats, under the assumption that they would be fine in my community tank. Well... the darned sepae tetras are not living the poor things alone!

Any suggestions?????

Thank you!

I've found that serpae tetras are more nippy than tiger barbs. They are most aggressive at feeding time, so try dropping sinking wafers for your corys at night when the serpaes are asleep.

Like Meriideth suggested, I would provide the corys with more places to hide. Once they've been in the tank for awhile, the serpaes will probably lose interest in them.

They have a few places to hide, but the serpae are quite small so they can go after the corys. Although, they look lees aggressive today. I also moved some stuff around. I read inohter threads that changing decorations around confuses the existing fish a little so they are less aggressive. let see if it works. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the advise. :)

I have kept the two species together before. I would feed at night like recommended above. They should be ok together.

Moving everything was a good idea also. Especially with fish that are territorial.

Back
Top Bottom