New plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm working on a 55g for Kuhli loaches and dojo loaches with mollies and want to know some good plants. I'm planning on ludwigia Amazon swords Java moss and Indian almond leaves as well as some African wood. Any other suggestions?(side-note: no hornwort grows too fast for me and takes too much CO2)

Sent from peliper

What schooling fish would you suggest? I've heard people say white cloud minnows but I have no easy way of getting any. I would also like to stay away from tetras because I've had some bad experience with them before

Sent from peliper

Hmm... Cherry barbs would be nice. Stay away from Tigers though, they can be rather agro

Hornwort doesn't need co2 to grow. Giving it co2 is like giving a squirrel coffee... It will be faster than you know what to do with.

By tigers you mean tiger barbs? I love those little guys! As long as you keep away from long finned fish like skirt tetras and angelfish(they can be fun nippers) you should be fine. Tiger barbs are awesome, very active fish in a decent sized group. Look like little piranhas during feeding :)

Just so you know when having dojo loaches, they are technically coldwater fish. I wouldn't put the temp above 75 or it could be too hot for them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Hornwort doesn't need co2 to grow. Giving it co2 is like giving a squirrel coffee... It will be faster than you know what to do with.

By tigers you mean tiger barbs? I love those little guys! As long as you keep away from long finned fish like skirt tetras and angelfish(they can be fun nippers) you should be fine. Tiger barbs are awesome, very active fish in a decent sized group. Look like little piranhas during feeding :)

Just so you know when having dojo loaches, they are technically coldwater fish. I wouldn't put the temp above 75 or it could be too hot for them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

True but it absorbs a ton of CO2 and makes it hard for other plants to grow

Sent from peliper

True but it absorbs a ton of CO2 and makes it hard for other plants to grow

Sent from peliper

Maybe if you had quite a bit of it. I think if you kept it trimmed up it would be fine. I'm letting mine grow out and it's starting to cover part of my tank and started from the bottom.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I use mine as a background of my 10 and 20 gallon tanks to hide the wires and tubes behind the tank

Sent from peliper

Depending on the mollies you get, (the longer finned varieties in general; although you shouldn't keep those as they tend to be strictly brackish) the tiger barbs can be a pain.

Back
Top Bottom