Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New Pleco

Got a little Clown Pleco last night. He promptly went in the shipwreck in the bottom of my tank never to be seen since. I have drift wood in there and I put a couple algae tablets in, hoping to intice him out. The algae tablets got eaten mostly by my other fish really fast so i put like 3 or 4 in there to give him a chance at one and 2 of them were still full so I removed them this morning and the other one was like halfway eaten and then ignored. Is it just cause he is new and still adjusting or should I be concerned. He hasn't even attempted to go for any drift wood that I've seen

Old 08-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

He is probably still adjusting. Dont try to force feed him if you just got him. You could also feed him some fresh vegetables and see if he goes for them.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mine took a few days to get out and about. Try cucumber. The other fish won't bother it.

A woman needs a man like a needs a bicycle.
-Gloria Steinem
tulip55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Clown pleco's are active after the lights go out, normally invisible for the most part.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
Clown pleco's are active after the lights go out, normally invisible for the most part.
I know that, I didn't have the lights on hardly at all. He came out a couple times yesterday but was very skiddish. I was mostly worried about him not eating I guess. If he isn't eating by tomorrow night I will give him some zuchini or something
Old 08-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Theres always something in your fish tank for him to eat.. Even if you cant see it hes suckin on something.. What do you have rocks/ or sand?
Old 08-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have rocks. I got a couple pics of him when he was out yesterday, he was even hard to see when he wasn't "hiding" he's so small.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Food crumbs usually lay in between rocks so chances are hes eating that rather than the food your putting in for it..assuming the pleco isnt the only fish in your tank, when i got mine i held off with the gravel vacuum for a few days just till he gets comfortable and starts to eat what u put in
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant329 View Post
Food crumbs usually lay in between rocks so chances are hes eating that rather than the food your putting in for it..assuming the pleco isnt the only fish in your tank, when i got mine i held off with the gravel vacuum for a few days just till he gets comfortable and starts to eat what u put in
Ok, Cories are doing a good job with that. hopefully there's enough to go around

Tags
pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com