New pleco blue from shipping solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiaCas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just received some long fin albino bristlenose plecos I ordered. They arrived in that blue water that I'm not crazy about. I ordered two but received 3, except the 3rd was dead. The dead one looked super bloated and the bloated part (his stomach I guess) was blue.

Of the two live ones, one is just a little blue around the tail fin, but the other has some blue going on around the stomach area. It looks like the dead one except it's not bloated. It's moving and swimming just fine in the quarantine tank. I'm not sure if it'll eat properly because I don't feed for a few hours after new fish arrival. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen and if anyone can warrant a guess as to whether or not this fish will be ok and what I can do to make sure it WILL be ok if it's not already on a set in stone path to fish heaven.

I have some stress coat and some bettafix. I'm not sure if I should use either of those. If a picture would help then let me know and I'll be happy to upload one!

Back
Top Bottom