New Pleco (with pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmptyH

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here are some pictures of my new Pleco for the 90 gal tank. He is a Blue Panaque Pleco. He is about four inches and is nearly full grown, max size 5 inches. He is just such a cool fish :D

Attachments

• elvis1_102.jpg
    elvis1_102.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 30
  • elvis2_150.jpg
    elvis2_150.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 34
  • elvis3_102.jpg
    elvis3_102.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 33
I actually just stopped into the lfs for a magnetic algae scrubber and to look around, but one look into that face and who could resist LOL

Looks like a blue rubber lipped plec. to me (except the shape of the mouth is off). Very pretty.

if it is indeed a panaque, make sure you have real wood in there, it's a requirement of their diet. (they need the acidity to aid in digestion AFAIK)

BrianNY definitely has a case of Pleco envy. LOL

That's a truly stunning fish.

cant resist saying that you're simply too lucky !!!
my good wishes for your blue wonder !

its damn cute:)

what a hottie! Georgous fish EmptyH...where in Dayton are you...we're practically neighbors :D I want to visit your lfs! 8O Congrats on the newbie!

hey i saw soem green ones like that recently in teh fish stores. IS it the same breed?

woodsplace1- I am in Kettering I found Elvis at the Jack's Aquarium in Bever Creek. Another really good place is Aquarium Adventures in Cincinnati. That store is huge and has some really amazing fish. They even have a show tank with a fully grown Arrowanna and wow that thing look mean.

emptyH...howdy neighbor! I normally shop at Jacks in Deerfield! Where is Aquarium Adventure? I'll have to check that place out! Thanks for the update! Cool to find people who live close to you!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom