New purchase!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went and bought 8 tiger barbs yesterday at 88 cents a peice. I want to say that I wasnt too sure about buying them in the beginning because I have heard that they can be aggressive.....I want to say these little guys have just made the tank! They are so active and it seems as if everyone is now happier than they were....they stay in their schools more and play more with their mates.......as for the kissing fish she is now in a tank by herself because she wouldnt leave the white tetras alone...I think she thought they were kissers like her and didnt want any competition and her spot on her side just keeps getting bigger. Anyone have a clue to what to use? I have had a horrible time finding antibiotics. What about Furan 2??? Would that be a good thing to use.

Congratulations on your Tigers! I think they are so much fun - as long as you're smart about tankmates, they're no trouble at all... :wink:

Sorry I can't help with the kisser. Hopefully Alli or Terry will show up soon with some helpful advice. Hope he gets better soon though!

heh I am considering getting tiger barbs for my 45G tall tank, along with 3 Dojo loaches... but still not sure if thats gunna work or not.

ADCISCO
If you look at the mark on your kissing Gourami, does it look like a little crater that is red around the edges.
If it does your kisser has a skin Ulcer, which is caused by a bacterial infection. You could use a bacterial infection remedy, or i have known one of my customers to use salt to clear up the infection. A prolonged salt bath might help,
i was told about 3-5g/Litre for several days. I have never done this myself so i would get some more advice before trying this.

Terry

Some one recommended maracyn-two and I got some and added it to the tank this evening....now both tanks are in shambles! I have ick in the 29 gallon and got meds to treat it! What a day!!!! Just when I thought that things were great in the 29 gallon and I thought that I might be able to get pinky healed! I wish my stupid digital camera was working I would take a new picture of her and post it...dont know what the deal is there but it is driving me nuts!!!!

Urgh. When it rains it pours eh?

Can you isolate the gourami? This way you can treat her but not muck up the tank; its what I would suggest. I'd add Maracyn to the Maracyn2 treatment; for something like that which isn't clearing up I'd tag team it (you can dose both meds safely; do know it will absolutely mess up the tank parameters tho - be prepared for the bacterial bloom and the ammonia spikes).

As for the ich in the other tank, are you able to do the high temp treatment in there? This way you won't destroy your bacterial colonies. I just picked up another angelfish from a friend; went to pick it up today and we realised one of the other fish in that tank has ich. So my guy will not only get 2 weeks of QT (he would anyway) but he will be in there at temps of 88F. No meds; I don't use em for ich.

Btw, whats up with the camera? If you wanna PM me, maybe we can figure out how to get it working, or at least whats wrong with it.

Sicky!

Ok this is the best I could do.....Its the batterys! That camera sucks them bad! But here is a pic I got actually 2 of them but I dont know how good you are going to make things out.

Gonna get new batteries tomorrow and try again.....you just cant see how bad it really is! And I gave the other tank ick meds...I hated too but didnt know what else to do....took filters out left sponges in.....crossing my fingers!

Yeah, Terry hit that one the head. Its definitely an ulcer, although its hard to say what caused it other then its bacterial (did the infection just appear, was there a scratch where it took hold, did a parasite open the door to infection, etc). The antibiotics are the way to go atm.

Btw, he looks SO pathetic in the net LOL Poor baby.

I know he does....but I have to say that believe it or not I think that his spot is already starting to look better.I've thought all along that it was an ulcer but just couldnt get an answer. But now its being treated and I am hoping for a full recovery. The net was the only way that I knew I could get a half way picture of it and it didnt even do it justice. And the spot appeared overnight! I watch my fish close and when I went to bed that night it wasnt there! I now have a case of ick in the 29 gallon tank! Wouldnt you know it? I got some of those fizzy ick things and giving it a try. Got up this morning and one that had ick didnt have it anymore but some of the tiger barbs have it.....wondering if I should treat the tank again for wait a day? :roll: Thanks so much for all the help guys. I dont know what I would do without you! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom