New Python sytem and need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PK Tester

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all...my brand new python system and I already have a big problem it seems...

Im using a standard bathroom sink so I used the male connector to plug into my sink well...

I didn't tighten very tight at first and it start squirting...imagine me screaming with water flying all over my bathroom...

So I tighthen it a little...no more leak.

Well when I was taking the pump off the sink I started having a few issues...so somehow the male part is STUCK in my sink...

Any advice on how to remove it? Or just leave it there until I move then break it off and buy a new part? haha

Sorry this is so stupid...

TIA

This has happened to me a couple times and i just used a towel to wrap around and protect the threads and a wrench to loosen it. Eventually i bought the brass adapter....Good Investment! I haven't had any problems getting it off since. I've had my Python for 9 years or so now and that's the only problem i ever had, easy fix though.

If all else fails you can get a wrench and get it off, destroying the threads but these plastic adapters don't last long anyway - definitely get the brass adapter.

If you go to HD or another hard wear store there are "rubber wrenches". It is a handle with a long rubber black strip on it. You wrap the rubber around the adapter and twist it with help from the plastic handle. This is what I use all the time.

So is it okay to leave it on there if you can't get it off? I have the brass adapter on my kitchen sink and I can't get it off.

This same think happened to my sister and she has had the plastic adapter on her bath room sink for a year..LOL.

Am I the only idiot who has a brass adapter stuck on my faucet? :lol:

Before you ruin the threads, I had the same problem, however my highly intelligent boyfriend discovered that there are two knotches on the inside and you can stick a nickle (or maybe it was a penny) into those two knotches and use that to unscrew it. Hopefully the part you are talking about is the same one I was dealing with (it was on my sink for 4 weeks :roll: ) Good luck!

Ruby thanks :) it is that part...I saw those notches too just didn't think about it!

Thanks so much!! :-0

I'm another idiot with a brass adapter on my sink. I just left it on there and said what is the point, I'll just have to put it on again next week and since there's no leak...
Funny, it made sense at the time. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom