New Rainbowfish-gender?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got four new Rainbowfish the other day, to go with the two I already had. Now I have 4 Turquoise, a Boesemani and an Australian. One of the Turquoise has a missing front dorsal, so this makes sexing it really difficult. I have difficulty even without the dorsal missing!

I'm pretty certain the Boesemani is a male (due to coloring) but let me know if you think different. The one new Turquoise has an overlapping front dorsal, so I'm wondering if it might be a male. (I wanted a female). The one without a dorsal, of course, is really stumping me. The Australian I'm pretty sure is female. They are all over 2 inches, but no one seems to be able to make a guess as to what sex they are. I want more females than males, as I don't want the females harassed. So I might have to end up getting another female or two. Anyway, what are your guesses as to the sex? (The two I had originally are male and female). First pic is Turquoise on top, Aussie on bottom. Second is two Turquoise and Australian. Third is the Boesemani. And fourth is the one without a dorsal. I know they aren't good pics (camera not good at this) but if anyone can take a guess?

Boesemani.jpgPropinquity and 2 Turquoise.jpg

Aust. bottom Turquoise top.jpg

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 51
Following because I'm trying to figure out the gender of my 4 rainbows (2 turquoise, 2 Boesemani) that are about 4 inches long each...

Back
Top Bottom